For the last couple months I have been working on a couple of self-study courses and have officially become "designated." In October I completed a Professional Bookkeeper (PB) course, which was specifically designed for someone to open their own accounting service from their home. Something that I am looking into doing once I have a family etc., or maybe even sooner. The course ended up being fairly simple, and mostly a review of my undergraduate classes. I managed to finish in just over a month and scored a 99% on the final exam! (I don't think I ever even got that high on an actual college exam. Amazing what practical "real life" experience can do!)
I took a short break after the Professional Bookkeeper course before I started working to become a QuickBooks Specialist (QS). QuickBooks is an accounting software. I was under a time constraint to finish both courses before the end of the year if I wanted my work to pay for the tuition, but I did it I completed the QuickBooks course in 10 days!
So there you have it! My official professional title is now "Natalie Tangren, PB, QS."
No comments:
Post a Comment