So I'm doing it. I've been wanting to buy a home for some time now and I finally think I'm ready. You know with mortgage rates and prices so low (or so they say), first time home buyer tax credit, etc. now is probably the best time as any. Not to mention that I'm tired of living in my bedroom. Keeping my ironing board in my dinky closet. Having the blow dryer, hair and make-up stuff in my room because there is no other place to put it in the bathroom. Not using my new knife set, mixing bowls, nice silverware, etc. because I'm afraid it will not get taken care of. Having to share and coordinate a kitchen schedule with 5 other people. Miscellaneous food in the refrigerator that doesn't get thrown out because no body knows who it belongs too. Having practically zero storage space for anything. Only having a tiny space in the fridge with a cardboard shelf. You know I'm sure we've all been there. But basically, I'm just ready to move on.
So I've been looking around a little since about October but really hitting things hard since the beginning of the year. And I think I've found something!!! Something I love enough to actually make an offer on. So that is what I'm doing this afternoon - sitting down with my Realtor and writing up an offer on this town home!! I'm a little nervous but super excited at the same time. It's about 2100 sq. ft. (1600 finished) in Riverton with a beautiful kitchen (I think) and a really nice patio and deck in the back.
Front

Kitchen

Hard Wood Floors!!

Master Bath

Deck

So keep your fingers crossed for me! I hope they'll accept my offer and things move forward. I should hear back by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Wish me luck. :o)
3 comments:
K... That's AWESOME!!! I wish we could get the ball rolling with us too. It'll be so nice to have your own place with plenty of room for all your stuff. Except, now where I go on the weekends when Trevor doesn't come up? SLC is too far for me :(
Natalie the kitchen is way nice! Congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed they take your offer. Hope you got a screamin deal!
I am waiting to hear what happened with the offer! I hope all goes well. I really do love your blog and those cookies too :)
Post a Comment